Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Dave Woyciesjes

Default Naming mp3 files in Rhythmbox...

Back to this again. A few months ago I posted a Q to this list about
how to get CDs I rip named the way I want (TrackTitle--TrackArtist.mp3).
If you recall, I was able to do it with grip.
Now, I got a similar issue. I like how Rhythmbox works (so far) with my
iPod, but the problem lies with when I copy music off of it. Rhytmbox
give me only a few options as to filename, none of which I really like.
So I went into gconf editor, browsed down to apps
hythmbox. There I
changed library_layout_filename to %tt--%ta. But when I re-open
Rhythmbox and go into the prefs, the filename area is blank. Looking
back in gconf, that key is changed on me... Grrr!!!

Now, IIRC Rhythmbox is based on gstreamer, so I've been looking around
in gconf for something under gstreamer. So far no luck. I'm guessing
that the file name options listed in Rhythmbox (and Sound Juicer) are
stored in a config file somewhere? Can someone point me in the right
direction?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> Back to this again. A few months ago I posted a Q to this list about
> how to get CDs I rip named the way I want (TrackTitle--TrackArtist.mp3).
> If you recall, I was able to do it with grip.
> Now, I got a similar issue. I like how Rhythmbox works (so far) with my
> iPod, but the problem lies with when I copy music off of it. Rhytmbox
> give me only a few options as to filename, none of which I really like.
> So I went into gconf editor, browsed down to apps
hythmbox. There I
> changed library_layout_filename to %tt--%ta. But when I re-open
> Rhythmbox and go into the prefs, the filename area is blank. Looking
> back in gconf, that key is changed on me... Grrr!!!
>
> Now, IIRC Rhythmbox is based on gstreamer, so I've been looking around
> in gconf for something under gstreamer. So far no luck. I'm guessing
> that the file name options listed in Rhythmbox (and Sound Juicer) are
> stored in a config file somewhere? Can someone point me in the right
> direction?

Apparently Mathieu Leplatre opened a bug about this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sound-juicer/+bug/315405

But there's diddly for details, and it seems no one has looked at it yet...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
NoOp

On 03/04/2009 08:26 AM, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> Back to this again. A few months ago I posted a Q to this list about
>> how to get CDs I rip named the way I want (TrackTitle--TrackArtist.mp3).
>> If you recall, I was able to do it with grip.

No. But perhaps you mean this thread?
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/153654
[Ripping mp3s....]

>> Now, I got a similar issue. I like how Rhythmbox works (so far) with my
>> iPod, but the problem lies with when I copy music off of it. Rhytmbox
>> give me only a few options as to filename, none of which I really like.
>> So I went into gconf editor, browsed down to apps
hythmbox. There I
>> changed library_layout_filename to %tt--%ta. But when I re-open
>> Rhythmbox and go into the prefs, the filename area is blank. Looking
>> back in gconf, that key is changed on me... Grrr!!!
>>
>> Now, IIRC Rhythmbox is based on gstreamer, so I've been looking around
>> in gconf for something under gstreamer. So far no luck. I'm guessing
>> that the file name options listed in Rhythmbox (and Sound Juicer) are
>> stored in a config file somewhere? Can someone point me in the right
>> direction?
>>

> Apparently Mathieu Leplatre opened a bug about this:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sound-juicer/+bug/315405
>
> But there's diddly for details, and it seems no one has looked at it yet...

Maybe?
https://launchpad.net/rhythmbox
https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>

and
http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ
http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html
might help.

easytag mentioned in the faq:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=easytag
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/easytag

Note: I've not done any of this... just trying to point you in the right
direction :-)

Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 PM
NoOp

On 03/04/2009 01:59 PM, NoOp wrote:

> and
> http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html
> might help.
>
> easytag mentioned in the faq:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=easytag
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/easytag
>
> Note: I've not done any of this... just trying to point you in the right
> direction :-)

Sorry, forgot to add that there is an aac version as well - but check
the bug lists for both:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/easytag-aac

Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
David Woyciesjes

NoOp wrote:
> On 03/04/2009 08:26 AM, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>>> Back to this again. A few months ago I posted a Q to this list about
>>> how to get CDs I rip named the way I want (TrackTitle--TrackArtist.mp3).
>>> If you recall, I was able to do it with grip.
>
> No. But perhaps you mean this thread?
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/153654
> [Ripping mp3s....]

Yep, that's it.

>>> Now, I got a similar issue. I like how Rhythmbox works (so far) with my
>>> iPod, but the problem lies with when I copy music off of it. Rhytmbox
>>> give me only a few options as to filename, none of which I really like.
>>> So I went into gconf editor, browsed down to apps
hythmbox. There I
>>> changed library_layout_filename to %tt--%ta. But when I re-open
>>> Rhythmbox and go into the prefs, the filename area is blank. Looking
>>> back in gconf, that key is changed on me... Grrr!!!
>>>
>>> Now, IIRC Rhythmbox is based on gstreamer, so I've been looking around
>>> in gconf for something under gstreamer. So far no luck. I'm guessing
>>> that the file name options listed in Rhythmbox (and Sound Juicer) are
>>> stored in a config file somewhere? Can someone point me in the right
>>> direction?
>>>

>> Apparently Mathieu Leplatre opened a bug about this:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sound-juicer/+bug/315405
>>
>> But there's diddly for details, and it seems no one has looked at it yet...
>>

> Maybe?
> https://launchpad.net/rhythmbox
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>
>
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>

Thanks. A cursory scan doesn't pull up anything, but I'll look more in
depth later.

> and
> http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html
> might help.
>
> easytag mentioned in the faq:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=easytag
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/easytag
>
> Note: I've not done any of this... just trying to point you in the right
> direction :-)

No prob. Any info is helpful. But judging by the soundjuicer bug report
I pointed out earlier, I don't have too high hopes in my quest...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

David Woyciesjes wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
hythmbox. There I

>>> Apparently Mathieu Leplatre opened a bug about this:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sound-juicer/+bug/315405
>>>
>>> But there's diddly for details, and it seems no one has looked at it yet...
>>>
>> Maybe?
>> https://launchpad.net/rhythmbox
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>
>>
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox/+bugs?field.searchtext=mp3&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>
>
> Thanks. A cursory scan doesn't pull up anything, but I'll look more in
> depth later.
>
>> and
>> http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
>> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ
>> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/TagWriting
>> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html
>> might help.
>>
>> easytag mentioned in the faq:
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=easytag
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/easytag
>>
>> Note: I've not done any of this... just trying to point you in the right
>> direction :-)
>
> No prob. Any info is helpful. But judging by the soundjuicer bug report
> I pointed out earlier, I don't have too high hopes in my quest...

Well, I'm still not finding anything. Of course, I'm also running out
of ideas on what exactly to search for...
My next thought is to search inside the files on this machine for
"Artist - Title" which is one of the available filename formats. I'm
thinking that file would be the one I need to edit to create the
filename pattern I want.
IIRC, grep is the command I'm looking for. I wonder if there is a gui
frontend for it? Time to crack open Synaptic again...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,