Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Pierre Frenkiel

Default Simple application to print part of an image - suggestions?

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Brian McKee wrote:

> Saw this announced and thought of this loooong thread....
> http://shutter-project.org/downloads/
to reduce this thread's length, can you tell how shutter
fulfills the OP's request, i.e. resizing the print to the whole A4 page ?
I found nothing like a user's guide, and the on-line help is just a FAQ.

--
Pierre Frenkiel

Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Carl Friis-Hansen

Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Brian McKee wrote:
>
>> Saw this announced and thought of this loooong thread....
>> http://shutter-project.org/downloads/
> to reduce this thread's length, can you tell how shutter
> fulfills the OP's request, i.e. resizing the print to the whole A4 page ?
> I found nothing like a user's guide, and the on-line help is just a FAQ.

I am just using gimp in this way:

Load the picture into the gimp editor. Use the crop tool to select the
area you want to print. In the print menu select the "Image settings"
page and adjust the image to the page. Print it.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Pierre Frenkiel

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Carl Friis-Hansen wrote:

> I am just using gimp . . .

thanks Carl,
it's actually as easy as with xv. One xv feature is missing:
the ability to disconnect width and height tuning, but I agree
that it is not very often useful.

--
Pierre Frenkiel

Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
NoOp

On 03/06/2009 06:57 AM, Brian McKee wrote:
> Saw this announced and thought of this loooong thread....
> http://shutter-project.org/downloads/

Thanks for that :-)