Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Peter Hillier-Brook

Default Intrepid Ibex Installation

This is just a general note to see if others have encountered similar
problems to myself with an Intrepid installation.

On 3 different machines, 2 Intel and 1 AMD, I have been unable to
successfully sum-check CDs created from the downloaded ISO and also an
officially supplied CD from Canonical (both of them the 32 bit, i86
variant). The symptoms involve a variable number - typically 7 - of disc
errors during the boot option of checking the CD for errors. Similar
errors are also reported if an installation is attempted.

Needless to say all the CDs, both my own and Canonical's, verify
successfully against the ISO when checked with ImgBurn and Nero,
suggesting that the problem lies within the drivers used at start-up.
For the record, I also had a similar problem with the 64 bit variant,
but I finally achieved a successful installation after I had burnt the
CD ISO onto a DVD-RW. This technique did *NOT* work for the 32 bit version.

Anyone else encountered this issue? Anyone any thoughts?

Peter HB

Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Craig Huffstetler