-   -   How can I access an Evolution addressbook from another Ubuntu computer in the same LAN? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/256264-how-can-i-access-evolution-addressbook-another-ubuntu-computer-same-lan.html)

Brian McKee 03-03-2009 01:47 PM

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I access an Evolution 2.22.3.1 address book from a remote Ubuntu
> 8.04.2 computer in the same LAN ?
> Evolution provides the plugin CalDAV.
> There is a process evolution-data-server-2.22.

Please note, this is educated guessing - I could be wrong, but....

I think the evolution-data-server is the backend for the mail etc on
your local machine - i.e. it only serves to itself.

CalDAV is for calendaring, not for contacts.

To do shared address books you need an LDAP server - see
<http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/usage-contact-sharing.html.en>

Anyone else have experience here?

Brian