Old 03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
John French

Default Phone dialling application ?

Something which I miss with Linux is an application to dial my phone
calls. (OK, it's not really an Ubuntu question, but you are the most
helpful bunch of guys I know.)

With my old Windows system, I had Lotus Organizer, and used it as an
address book. If I clicked on an entry, one more click would dial that
phone number, using the old hardware modem. This had the advantage of
dialling any length of number correctly - which I can't guarantee to
do! I have tried to run Organizer under Wine without success. (Maybe
a newer version would work.) Is there a Linux app which can do this, or
something similar ?

John