Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Mark Hamzy

Default Fw: reIPL support for s390

I am trying to get this patch into rawhide so that it will get into RHEL6. The deadline for RHEL6 (at least for us) is tomorrow. I would appreciate any help that you could provide us.

Here is a patch for reIPL support for the 390. This allows automated rebooting into the installed partition instead of back into the installer.

There is one open question as to where I should locate "reipl" in the list of actions in dispatch.py, installclass.py, and upgrade.py. reipl has to be invoked after an installation is committed to but before it finishes. In the current patch, it is right before "install." Is this an okay spot to put it into?

(See attached file: 0001-reIPL-support-for-s390.patch)

Mark

Common Information Model/Web-Based Enterprise Management at http://www.openpegasus.org/

Take a look at the Linux Omni Printer Driver Framework at http://omniprint.sourceforge.net/

Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
David Cantrell

Mark Hamzy wrote:
I am trying to get this patch into rawhide so that it will get into
RHEL6. The deadline for RHEL6 (at least for us) is tomorrow. I would
appreciate any help that you could provide us.

Here is a patch for reIPL support for the 390. This allows automated
rebooting into the installed partition instead of back into the installer.

There is one open question as to where I should locate "reipl" in the
list of actions in dispatch.py, installclass.py, and upgrade.py. reipl
has to be invoked after an installation is committed to but before it
finishes. In the current patch, it is right before "install." Is this an
okay spot to put it into?

I have no problems with that.

Patch looks ok to me. I really don't have time to test it now. I will
commit it at the end of my work day unless someone posts here and really
objects to it.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI

[...]