Old 03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Stefan Dengscherz

Default squidguard substituion

Hello Luca,

not really a squidguard replacement, as it's not a squid redirector
but its own proxy service - dansguardian (http://dansguardian.org/) is
a nice content filter with the capability to also embed av scanning.

Regards

2009/3/2 Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>:
> Hi all,
> I'm running squid proxy on ubuntu, and I use squidguard for checking and
> granting permission to web sites. Even if very good, I'm searching for a
> squidguard substitute. Any clue?
>
> Thanks,
> Luca

The box said Windows Vista or better. So I bought a Mac.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Ray Parrish

Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running squid proxy on ubuntu, and I use squidguard for checking and
> granting permission to web sites. Even if very good, I'm searching for a
> squidguard substitute. Any clue?
>
> Thanks,
> Luca

Funny you should mention squid. I was just reading about it today on a
site I found through a Tech Republic article. You should have a look at
it to evaluate your risk level in reference to attacks by hackers. It's
called the Google Hacking Database, and squid is referenced several
times on the pages here. -

<http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/ghdb.php>

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com