Old 03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Thorny

Default (was:More noise....(was: thunderbird 3 packaged?))

[Matthew]>> Did you read what I said, "pretend you started a new thread".
*I am
>> well aware of the difference (thanks to Thunderbird). It's just that I
>> find the new trend of not even bothering to change the subject highly
>> disturbing.

[Dotan]> The poster should not pretend anything. He should start a new
thread.
> This is not a new trend, this has been annoying mailing list regulars
> since the early 1990s, maybe sooner. The faster that new list member
> realize this, the less compound frustration there will be.

Well, when I read Matthew's post I didn't think he was advocating what he
was describing, just that things were degenerating further in terms of
posting style. Perhaps, I misunderstood him.

[Dotan]> Don't even defend your position.

However, this statement of yours, I view as inappropriate and somewhat
frightening for a community where we disagree on things often. I must have
misunderstood you, you can't mean that every time someone makes that
statement we should all stop discussing, or is that exactly what you mean?

BTW, I agree with you that posters should learn to start new threads
rather than hijacking. I also agree that new posters would benefit from
learning the community standards.