Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 AM
"Andy Rogers"

Default Installing Januty Armel On NSLU2

Hi

If I have sent this to the incorrect list, please let me know where it
should go and I will repost...

Over the past few days I have been trying to install the latest Jaunty
build on my NSLU2, but seem to be having some problems.

I am using the latest di-nslu2.bin from
http://ports.ubuntu.com/dists/jaunty/main/installer-armel/20081029ubuntu22/images/ixp4xx/netboot/
and it fixes all the previous problems of too much memory being used & the
locale language issue that has been also reported.

However now when Iam comming the end of the install, selecting the option
from the menu of "Finish Instillation", Iam getting asked a a little about
UTC time which I choose Yes to and then after a couple of minutes I loose
my SSH connection to my NSLU2. I can relog back into it again but end
back at the installer menu on "Finish Instillation", but if I select this
again it just drops my SSH connection.

Has anyone been able to successfully install Januty on a NSLU2?
Am I doing anything wrong?

I have previously had Debian Lenny 5 installed with no problems during &
after instillation. Iam mounting Januty to my USB Harddrive.

With the Debian 5 instillation, in the Instillation menu there is an
option of "Install Boot Loader" & "Countinue Without Bootloader". In the
Jaunty installer there is only "Countinue Without Bootloader".
Is this correct or is their a menu option missing?

Thanks

Andrew