-   -   How to access a SanDisk 2gb usb flash drive...??? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/254976-how-access-sandisk-2gb-usb-flash-drive.html)

03-01-2009 05:33 PM

Larry Shields <larryesu@charter.net> writes:

> *I have a Sandisk 2gb flash drive, but I can not seem to access it, to
> use it...
> It show's up when using 'lsusb', but how can one figure out how to
> mount this usb flash drive so that I can use it...???

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt

in this example /dev/sdb1 is your disk partition of your flassh.
First chech it with sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb (change it to the first available
drive in your system)

--
J@nek
jlitwinski(AT)gmail.com "Linux is like a wigwam, no gates,

Larry Shields 03-02-2009 12:49 PM

Jan Litwin'ski wrote:
> Larry Shields <larryesu@charter.net> writes:
>

>> *I have a Sandisk 2gb flash drive, but I can not seem to access it, to
>> use it...
>> It show's up when using 'lsusb', but how can one figure out how to
>> mount this usb flash drive so that I can use it...???
>>

> sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
>
> in this example /dev/sdb1 is your disk partition of your flassh.
> First chech it with sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb (change it to the first available
> drive in your system)

*Hello Jan,

Well as of the morning, when I booted up Ubuntu, the flash drive was in,
and on the desktop, it showed 2.0 GB media...This was the first tie that
it has shown up...

Now when I move too /media, it now shows /media/disk <- the disk never
showed up before, I now can cd to /media/disk, then do an ls it shows
everything on the flash drive...

I have even copied a few pictures to the pictures folder, so in all it
does work...Why it didn't prior is beyond me...

So thank you for responding back to my posting...

Have a great day...

Larry

*