Old 03-01-2009, 01:29 PM
"Bob St. John"

Default Google Earth, Ubuntu 8.10, and Acer Aspire 5515

Folks,

I've got a dual-boot Acer Aspire 5515 with Windows Vista and Ubuntu
8.10.

Google Earth 5.0 is installed in both environments. In Windows, Google
Earth performs well, including display updates. In Ubuntu, Google Earth
seems to start correctly, but the display updates take a terribly long
time, and Google Earth essentially becomes useless.

I suspect the problem has to do with the display drivers in the Ubuntu
environment. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks . . .

Bob St. John