Old 12-31-2007, 02:44 AM
David Abrahams

Default config-2.6.22-14-generic: CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y, really?

My /boot/config-2.6.22-14-generic shows CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y, meaning the kernel
is compiled with debug symbols. But when I try to rebuild the gutsy kernel
myself it comes out about seven times bigger than the ones packaged with the
distro. Is it really possible that Gutsy's kernels are all built with debug
info enabled?