Old 03-01-2009, 03:26 AM
CLIFFORD ILKAY

Default banking program akin to m$ money?

dwain wrote:
> i am fixing up an old computer for a friend of mine and i was wondering
> if there is a banking program similar to ms money?

Kmymoney and Gnucash are both quite good.

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis
1419-3266 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
Canada M4N 3P6

<http://dinamis.com>
+1 416-410-3326

Old 03-01-2009, 03:30 AM
dwain

i am fixing up an old computer for a friend of mine and i was wondering if there is a banking program similar to ms money?

cheers,
dwain
--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God. *" - Kahlil Gibran

Old 03-01-2009, 04:38 AM
dwain

Kmymoney and Gnucash are both quite good.

thanks for the info.* may i assume that kmymoney is a kde program and that gnucash is for gnome?* i'll be running 8.10 on the gnome desktop.

cheers,
dwain

--

"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God. *" - Kahlil Gibran

Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 AM
CLIFFORD ILKAY

dwain wrote:
> may i assume that kmymoney is a kde program

It is but you should not let that dissuade even if you run GNOME. You
can run KDE apps in GNOME with no problems, and vice versa.

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis
1419-3266 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
Canada M4N 3P6

<http://dinamis.com>
+1 416-410-3326

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 AM
dwain

and this effects the program how?* or this a usability issue?

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God. *" - Kahlil Gibran

Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 AM
dwain