Old 02-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Charlie Dorff

Default How do you create a partition?

Hi...
I would like to have Ubuntu and Windows on my computer. Could someone please recommend a good website that explains how to create a partition? Thank you.
Charlie

Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Kaixi Luo

I would like to have Ubuntu and Windows on my computer. Could someone please recommend a good website that explains how to create a partition? Thank you.
Charlie

You can use GParted
http://www.fsckin.com/2007/10/21/partitioning-or-resizing-drives-in-ubuntu-using-gparted/

Cheers,

Kaixi

Old 02-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Ray Parrish

Charlie Dorff wrote:
> Hi...
> I would like to have Ubuntu and Windows on my computer. Could someone
> please recommend a good website that explains how to create a
> partition? Thank you.
> Charlie

If you use the Ubuntu Live CD to install, it has a "Guided" process that
partitions your drive for you. All you have to do is tell it yes, and if
you want to, alternatively move the slider bar it presents you, to one
side or the other to increase or decrease the size of the partition it
will install for you.

It's pretty much an automated process. It also sets up the boot loader
and menu so you can select between Windows and Ubuntu at boot up.

That being said, there's no place like the Ubuntu Tutorials on the
subject if you just want to learn how.

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot>

Later,Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com