Old 12-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Charlie Dorff

Default Could someone please explain how to install audio/x-scpls

Hi...
I reciently installed Helix and tried to listen ot a few of my internet radio station but I am missing the audio/x-scpls component. Could someone please explain how to install this? Thanks.
Charlie

Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 PM
"Colin Brace"

On Dec 31, 2007 2:49 AM, Charlie Dorff <cy41169@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I reciently installed Helix and tried to listen ot a few of my internet
> radio station but I am missing the audio/x-scpls component.

"audio/x-scpls" is not a component so much as a signifier; it tells
your browser (or any other app) what to do with a given filetype, in
this case .pls playlist files.

I assume you are trying to listen to internet radio from within your
browser. Click on a site, then wait for the download popup dialog
asking you what you want to do with the file. At this point, you need
to indicate that you want to open it in helix, which may require
supplying the path to that program.

HTH

--
Colin Brace