Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Default installed software list (to be clear)

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:55:24 -0500
From: Brian McKee <brian.mckee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: installed software list
To: "Ubuntu user technical support,*** not for general discussions"
*** <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Cesar Augusto Suarez
<cemaaiem@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want a list of the installed softwar ein ubuntunut, without the system
> files.
> i know in redhat there is a way , but in ubuntu i just know the classic
>
> sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep install$ > Desktop/lista_paquetes
>
> however, in te generated file i found the system files too.

What do you mean 'system files'

Are you after just the software you installed after the original
installation?* or ?

Brian

I mean, after just the software i've installed after the original installation
b.e.
in the file
"lista_paquetes" i found alsa and another files that comes with the original installation.

End of ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 54, Issue 266

¡Es tu oportunidad de Brillar! br>Sube tus fotos ya http://www.51bello.com/--

Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Old 03-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Sundar Nagarajan

Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> I mean, after just the software i've installed after the original
> installation

Cesar,

try the following commands in a terminal (you can do this as a regular
user, no need for sudo):

gzip -dc /var/log/installer/initial-status.gz | perl -00 -n -e
'/^Package: (S+)s.*?Status: install ok installeds/s and print "$1
"'
> initial-packages

dpkg --get-selections | perl -n -e '/(S+)s+install$/ and print
"$1
"' | fgrep -xv -f initial-packages > new-packages

Explanation:

/var/log/installer/initial-status.gz contains (unless you have deleted
this file since installation), the list of packages installed. There is
a little more detail in this file which is pared out by the perl command

The second command takes the output of dpkg --get-selections and removes
those in the initial list.

With the above commands, 'new-packages' should contain the list of
packages installed AFTER the initial installation.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Old 03-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Brian McKee

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Cesar Augusto Suarez <cemaaiem@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want a list of the installed softwar ein ubuntunut, without the system
> *files.

You know, just reposting the question over and over again verbatim
isn't going to change anything....

Brian