Old 02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
"H.S."

Default Microsoft vx-5000 and Logitech quickcam pro 9000 on Ubuntu

Hello,

Just wanted to share the experience that Microsoft VX-5000 webcam and
Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam are working perfectly on Ubuntu
Intrepid running kernel 2.6.27.

Nothing special needed to be done. The cameras worked out of the box. I
am able to get video in xawtv application and also on Skype (version
2.0.0.72).

Comparing these two cameras though, the quickcam pro 9000 has a wider
angle and has better low light performance than vx-5000 (and is more
expensive too!). However, both of these cameras are sufficient in
typical desktop lamp scenario (40W lamp with a share at a distance of
around 0.75m).

Regards.

ever having been read.