-   -   Microsoft vx-5000 and Logitech quickcam pro 9000 on Ubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/253937-microsoft-vx-5000-logitech-quickcam-pro-9000-ubuntu.html)

"H.S." 02-27-2009 04:59 PM

Microsoft vx-5000 and Logitech quickcam pro 9000 on Ubuntu

Hello,

Just wanted to share the experience that Microsoft VX-5000 webcam and
Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 webcam are working perfectly on Ubuntu
Intrepid running kernel 2.6.27.

Nothing special needed to be done. The cameras worked out of the box. I
am able to get video in xawtv application and also on Skype (version
2.0.0.72).

Comparing these two cameras though, the quickcam pro 9000 has a wider
angle and has better low light performance than vx-5000 (and is more
expensive too!). However, both of these cameras are sufficient in
typical desktop lamp scenario (40W lamp with a share at a distance of
around 0.75m).

Regards.

ever having been read.