Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Mike Dugger

Default Gutsy no maky noise

Hello,
Against my own advice (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!) I went ahead and
upgraded from Feisty to Gutsy. I guess the constant prompting in the update
agent finally got to me.

At any rate, since upgrading several issues have arisen, but the primary
problem is that my sound card doesn't work. I've searched forums for advice
and found that:

No, my volume control isn't muted.
lspci lists the onboard sound device at pci(5).
The sound works if I boot the live CD.

In the past when I've used various flavors of linux (mostly redhat) sound
issues were my bane. With Feisty I had no problems, but they seem to have
returned with Gutsy. Any advice is appreciated.

- Mike