Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
NoOp

Default netwerkprinter

On 02/27/2009 02:10 AM, Henk wrote:

> I'm trying to get a Canon PIXMA MP620 printer working using a network.
> Is there someone who can help me to get things working ?
> What did I do:
>
> "> system - management - printer >
> "printer configuration localhost
> "> selecting "new" > looking for printers
> "new printer
> " ** first problem: a list of connectiontypes.
> " I select IPP
> " Questions: Host: ?
> " Waitlist = /printers/ ?
> " host: > 192.168.1.151 >
> " > press "Find Queue"
> " Not possible
> " It is not possible to get a list of queues from 192.168.1.151.
> "obtaining a list of queues is a CUPS extention to IPP. Network printers do
> not support it.

Because it is on a fixed wireless IP it is not a 'localhost' printer, it
is a networked printer.

I suggest that you try it first with the usb port to ensure all of your
drivers etc., are working first (you can use the gutenprint/foomatic
drivers, but I highly recommend using Turboprint for Canon printers:
http://www.turboprint.info/printer_Canon_PIXMA_MP620.html). The port in
that case is local will show up as: usb://Canon/<printername - MP620?).

After you are sure that it works with a direct USB connection, you can
then try the wireless. That will be a remote printer and the URI should
be: ipp://192.168.1.151:631/printers/<printername>.

These might be of help/confusion:

French: use Google translate if you need to:

<http://www.adnpc.net/actualite/6774-canon-pixma-mp620-en-reseau-et-ubuntu.html>
<http://www.adnpc.net/actualite/6773-canon-pixma-mp620-et-ubuntu.html>

German:
http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/canon-pixma-mp620-unter-ubuntu-8.10/

English:
<http://www.michael-krueger.org/2009/01/how-to-use-canon-pixma-mp620-with.html>

Scanning:
http://cups-bjnp.sourceforge.net/
<http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/10/canon-pixma-scanners-are-now-network.html>

Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

Henk wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2009 01:41:43 Joep L. Blom wrote:
>> Henk wrote:
>>> Hallo
>>> Ondanks het zoeken op het net en het lezen van de handleiding kom ik
>>> niet verder met het printen via het lokale netwerkje naar de Canon PIXMA
> MP620 printer.
>>> Wie heeft deze configuratie in gebruik en kan mij daar bij helpen ?
>>> De printer is ingesteld met IP adres 192.168.1.151.
>>> Onder MS XP loopt het goed.
>>>
>>> Graag wat hulp om dit op te lossen.
>>> Gr
>>> Henk
>
> I'm trying to get a Canon PIXMA MP620 printer working using a network.
> Is there someone who can help me to get things working ?
> What did I do:
>
> "> system - management - printer >
> "printer configuration localhost
> "> selecting "new" > looking for printers
> "new printer
> " ** first problem: a list of connectiontypes.
> " I select IPP
> " Questions: Host: ?
> " Waitlist = /printers/ ?
> " host: > 192.168.1.151 >
> " > press "Find Queue"
> " Not possible
> " It is not possible to get a list of queues from 192.168.1.151.
> "obtaining a list of queues is a CUPS extention to IPP. Network printers do
> not support it.
>
> The same happens with selecting LPD/LPR
>
> What is equipment URI ? A question after selecting "others".
>

>> Henk,
>> Deze lijst is Engels niet Nederlands. Vragen in onze taal is voor 99%
>> van de lezers onbegrijpelijk.
> OH,........... I"M SORRY
>> Ik ben niet bekend met de Canon printers maar probeer in cups deze
>> printer te installeren en zoek de driver op onder 'Canon'. Vaak is er
>> een generieke driver die de printer aanspreekt.
> I found the driver and can install it.
>
>> Waar komt het IP adres vandaan? via DHCP? Een fixed adres is vaak
>> lastiger in een netwerk.
> I"M not working with DHCP. So, all my equipment is installed with fixed IP
> adresses.
>
>> Bovendien als het een netwerk printer is moet
>> hij niet ook aan een parallele poort worden gehangen (geeft conflicten).
>> Mijn advies:
>> Stel je vraag in het Engels en met wat meer technische details.
>> Joep

Henk,
WHich version of ubuntu do you use?
If you are using Hardy tou should have the follwing order:
system -> Administration -> Printing
Then you get a password window and thereafter the window with heading
"Printer Configuration Local Host" appears.
You then have to click on the button "New Printer"
It then will search for your printer which of course must be switched on
and connected and available on the network.
I have a Brother network printer and telnet to port 9100 gives no
problem. In CUPS, the port 631 is the port where CUPS is listening for
printing requests, it queues the requests and sends them to the printer.
Port 9100 is where the printer is listening.
Try to telnet to the printer as root:
sudo telnet <IPaddress>.
You should find in the manual (I beleive it's on a CD) how to access the
printer via the network.
Let me know if I can give more help. (You can also contact me directly
to my Email address).
Success.
Joep

Old 02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Henk

Hello Joep
On Saturday 28 February 2009 15:25:52 Joep L. Blom wrote:
> Henk wrote:
> >
> > MP620 printer.

> > I'm trying to get a Canon PIXMA MP620 printer working using a network.
> > Is there someone who can help me to get things working ?
> > What did I do:
> >
> > "> system - management - printer >
> > "printer configuration localhost
> > "> selecting "new" > looking for printers
> > "new printer
> > " ** first problem: a list of connectiontypes.
> > " I select IPP
> > " Questions: Host: ?
> > " Waitlist = /printers/ ?
> > " host: > 192.168.1.151 >
> > " > press "Find Queue"
> > " Not possible
> > " It is not possible to get a list of queues from 192.168.1.151.
> > "obtaining a list of queues is a CUPS extension to IPP. Network printers
> > do not support it.
> >
> > The same happens with selecting LPD/LPR
> >
> > What is equipment URI ? A question after selecting "others".
> >
> >> Henk,
> >> Deze lijst is Engels niet Nederlands. Vragen in onze taal is voor 99%
> >> van de lezers onbegrijpelijk.
> >
> > OH,........... I"M SORRY
> >
> >> Ik ben niet bekend met de Canon printers maar probeer in cups deze
> >> printer te installeren en zoek de driver op onder 'Canon'. Vaak is er
> >> een generieke driver die de printer aanspreekt.
> >
> > I found the driver and can install it.
> >
> >> Waar komt het IP adres vandaan? via DHCP? Een fixed adres is vaak
> >> lastiger in een netwerk.
> >
> > I"M not working with DHCP. So, all my equipment is installed with fixed
> > IP adresses.
> >
> >> Bovendien als het een netwerk printer is moet
> >> hij niet ook aan een parallele poort worden gehangen (geeft conflicten).
> >> Mijn advies:
> >> Stel je vraag in het Engels en met wat meer technische details.
> >> Joep
>
> Henk,
Ok
Let's try
> WHich version of ubuntu do you use?
I'm, using 8.10
> If you are using Hardy tou should have the following order:
> system -> Administration -> Printing

> Then you get a password window and thereafter the window with heading
> "Printer Configuration Local Host" appears.
I don't get the password window. But the "printer configuration - localhost
window appears.
> You then have to click on the button "New Printer"
> It then will search for your printer which of course must be switched on
> and connected and available on the network.
> I have a Brother network printer and telnet to port 9100 gives no
> problem. In CUPS, the port 631 is the port where CUPS is listening for
> printing requests, it queues the requests and sends them to the printer.
> Port 9100 is where the printer is listening.
> Try to telnet to the printer as root:
> sudo telnet <IPaddress>.
I did :
Trying 192.168.1.151...
So. The first failure, I think.
> You should find in the manual (I beleive it's on a CD) how to access the
> printer via the network.
Under MS XP it works very well. Printer is on the network and pinging:
Works good.
Is there a possibility that the firewall blocks all transfers ?

> Let me know if I can give more help. (You can also contact me directly
> to my Email address).
I like to do that(in dutch).

> Success.
Thanks
Henk

Old 03-01-2009, 12:56 AM
NoOp

On 02/27/2009 01:57 AM, Henk wrote:

Why do you persist in sending the same msg to this list? You've been
provided links to possible solutions, yet you continue to send the same
messages over and over again.