Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 AM
"H.S.Rai"

Default Equivalent of UltraSurf

Is there any equivalent of UltraSurf by www.ultrareach.com/ which work
on Ubuntu Linux. UltraSurf has exe, which works on MS windows. It is
used to counter firewall / censorship.

--
H.S.Rai

Old 02-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Scott Abbey

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 13:05 +0530, H.S.Rai wrote:
> Is there any equivalent of UltraSurf by www.ultrareach.com/ which work
> on Ubuntu Linux. UltraSurf has exe, which works on MS windows. It is
> used to counter firewall / censorship.

For anonymous surfing, try Tor [1]. As for cookies and the like, there
are several extensions for Firefox that provide for cookie blocking and
sanitized browser history. I use one called Stealther, but I'm sure
there are others.

[1] http://www.torproject.org/

Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 AM
"H.S.Rai"

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Scott Abbey <scott@eotr.net> wrote:

> For anonymous surfing, try Tor [1]. As for cookies and the like, there
> are several extensions for Firefox that provide for cookie blocking and
> sanitized browser history. I use one called Stealther, but I'm sure
> there are others.

Thanks. I used TOR with Privoxy. It worked for some sites. But search
for google throws error (see below signature).

YouTube says: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old
version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

While case is no so. Is there some setting to be changed or it is
limitation of software.

--
H.S.Rai

Google Error

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a
computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't
process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again
soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network
has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware
remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other
spurious software.

If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to
resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting
Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your
browser's online support center.

If your entire network is affected, more information is available
in the Google Web Search Help Center.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:52 AM
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)"

H.S.Rai wrote:
>> For anonymous surfing, try Tor [1]. As for cookies and the like, there
>> are several extensions for Firefox that provide for cookie blocking and
>> sanitized browser history. I use one called Stealther, but I'm sure
>> there are others.
>
> Thanks. I used TOR with Privoxy. It worked for some sites. But search
> for google throws error (see below signature).
>
> YouTube says: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old
> version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I dont understand the worth having so much complication just to watch
youtube/facebook/whatever ...

--
Chef de projet chez Vectoris
Phone: +261 33 11 207 36

Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Scott Abbey

On Thursday 26 February 2009 20:56:16 H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Scott Abbey <scott@eotr.net> wrote:
> > For anonymous surfing, try Tor [1]. As for cookies and the like, there
> > are several extensions for Firefox that provide for cookie blocking and
> > sanitized browser history. I use one called Stealther, but I'm sure
> > there are others.
>
> Thanks. I used TOR with Privoxy. It worked for some sites. But search
> for google throws error (see below signature).
>
> YouTube says: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old
> version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I'm not sure what you can do about this. It's a limitation of the software.

> Google Error

<snip>

The Google error you're receiving is not unexpected. Google really wants to
know how you are when you use their services. I'm not a conspiracy theorist,
but Google is likely blocking the Privoxy/Tor endpoint server because it
allows anonymous use. Anonymous use makes abuse easier, including use by
malware and bots. My guess would be that UltraSurf would face similar problems
if it were better known. Tor/Privoxy are very popular and well known, and that
makes them popular with abusers as well.

--
Scott Abbey <scott@eotr.net>

Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 AM
"H.S.Rai"

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)
<mihamina@lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:

> I dont understand the worth having so much complication just to watch
> youtube/facebook/whatever ...

Complication only, if you refuses to use M$win. :-( , otherwise use
UltraSurf and enjoy unrestricted surfing ;-)

--
H.S.Rai

Old 02-27-2009, 11:40 AM

H.S.Rai wrote:
>> I dont understand the worth having so much complication just to watch
>> youtube/facebook/whatever ...
>
> Complication only, if you refuses to use M$win. :-( , otherwise use
> UltraSurf and enjoy unrestricted surfing ;-)

I use windows and feel unrestricted about surfing.
Of course, I hate facebook ans so one...