Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Stephen

Default I don't know if this is where to get tech support.

I tried to in stall ubuntu on my computer. It told me that there was one
minute left a about 79% of the install.

45 minutes later I found that my computer had locked up at 88% of the
install. I tried to re-install and It wanted to use another section of
the windows partition.

I didn't get the option to:
1) use the existing linux partition.
2) repair the current ubuntu installation.

The only option I had was to use a part of the existing windows
partition, and reinstall the whole thing. Now I can't get rid of to 120
gigs partition that ubuntu set up. My windows partitioner won't delete
the partition because it says it is in an unknown format.

When I try to remove the linux partition with ubuntu booted live it
tells me I have to unmount the partitions that are higher than ext5
before I can delete the partition and I can't find any way to do that.

Stephen.