Old 12-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Hal Burgiss

Default Problem with using slrnpull with Pan/Thunderbird: no connection to localhost:119

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 06:20:46PM +0000, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:

> Then, I figured, I should be able to point Pan or Thunderbird at
> localhost port 119 and I'd be able to use those news clients with the
> spool. No such luck. Both Pan and Thunderbird try to connect to
> localhost but both fail. Pan's event log reports "Error connecting to
> "localhost" (connection refused)

Is port 119 port even open? I don't think slrnpull is actually a
server per se. I believe it puts the pulled feeds into a local spool
that is readable by slrn, a little like a browser might cache html
documents, that can be read later from the cache.

--
Hal