Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Bill Wright

Default Help - Third Party app installation

I am running 8.04 LTS desktop

I downloaded a linux application that will run with Ubuntu o/s
I have uncompressed the TAR application. From that point I am at a loss
as how to install the program.

I know it has to installed through the terminal command line.
I don't know what to enter.

Any help is appreciated

Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM

Bill Wright <wwright2@sc.rr.com> writes:

> I am running 8.04 LTS desktop
>
> I downloaded a linux application that will run with Ubuntu o/s
> I have uncompressed the TAR application. From that point I am at a loss
> as how to install the program.
>
> I know it has to installed through the terminal command line.
> I don't know what to enter.
>
> Any help is appreciated
read this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingSoftware

--
J@nek
jlitwinski(AT)gmail.com "Linux is like a wigwam, no gates,