Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
jeff parker

Default Virtual screen size

I'm running ubuntu on a lenovo s10 netbook with a 1024 by 600 screen.
Many GUI dialogs are too long and I can't see or get to the bottom to
click the OK button, etc. How do I setup a 1024 by 768 or something
bigger that I can scroll around in to see all? I've tried to add other
screens to xorg.conf but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Ray Parrish

jeff parker wrote:
> I'm running ubuntu on a lenovo s10 netbook with a 1024 by 600 screen.
> Many GUI dialogs are too long and I can't see or get to the bottom to
> click the OK button, etc. How do I setup a 1024 by 768 or something
> bigger that I can scroll around in to see all? I've tried to add other
> screens to xorg.conf but it didn't work.
>

> Thanks.

You have to set the resolution you want to use as "Default", and get the
refresh rate for it set right as well.

Here are some docs to read -

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution>

Your laptop screen may not even support 1024 x 768 because of it's size.

Try "man xorg.conf" in terminal to read the man page on settings in the
xorg.conf file.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com