Old 12-30-2007, 03:41 PM
"Rajiv Vyas"

Default Help Anyone -- Screen Blanking out II

I posted this just a few days ago and since then the problem has
gotten worse: If I open even a few programs (I'm running firestarter,
Firefox, Evolution and Gnucash) then new windows I open in OO or a new
program blanks out and crashes. Particularly, I've been unable to open
a 473k file in OO. This does not seem like an OO issue. I've faced
this problem only in 7.10 and never before (since 5.04). And I am
using the same desktop. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Old 12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
David Vincent

Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> I posted this just a few days ago and since then the problem has
> gotten worse: If I open even a few programs (I'm running firestarter,
> Firefox, Evolution and Gnucash) then new windows I open in OO or a new
> program blanks out and crashes. Particularly, I've been unable to open
> a 473k file in OO. This does not seem like an OO issue. I've faced
> this problem only in 7.10 and never before (since 5.04). And I am
> using the same desktop. Any suggestions.

Hi Rajiv.

Sorry, I don't think I can help you, but thought you might like to know
your mails are actually hitting the list. Here are some questions to
kickstart things.

This problem is not specific to any one program is it? If you open OO
first, then FF, Evo, and Gnucash does Gnucash blank out and crash? Is
it always the last opened apps which blank out and crash?

Do you have Desktop Effects enabled?

Thanks!

-d

Old 12-30-2007, 04:13 PM
"Rajiv Vyas"

No, it's not specific to one program. Initially I thought it was
evolution or FF or Gaelon. But now I have seen that this happens with
Gnucash and even OO. And it is usually the last program that I open
that misbehaves. I just disabled the Desktop Effect completely,
previously it was in normal mode. So, I'll email again if this problem
resurfaces during the day.

Thanks,

Rajiv