Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Pete Clapham

Default LDAP problem

Hi, all --

I am trying to install LDAP on my Samba server, following the
instructions in the Ubuntu Documentation for OpenLDAP Server.* So far,
so good.* However, when I try to ldapadd the misc.ldif file to
the configuration file, I get the following error:

ldap_bind: Server is unwilling to perform (53)

******* additional info: unauthenticated bind (DN with no password)
disallowed

Does anybody know how to get the ldapadd to work?

Thanks.

cheers,

pete

Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Pete Clapham <peteclapham@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> ldap_bind: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
> additional info: unauthenticated bind (DN with no password)
> disallowed
>
> Does anybody know how to get the ldapadd to work?

you need to ldapadd -D '<insert your admin dn here>' -x -W -f misc.ldif

Regards,
Norberto