Old 02-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Chris G

Default How to prevent gpilotd running?

I seem to have provoked gpilotd into always running on my system, how
can I stop it? I presume it got installed with Evolution but it seems
odd to run it regardless, I don't have a Palm PDA any more.

--
Chris Green

Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Tommy Trussell

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> I seem to have provoked gpilotd into always running on my system, how
> can I stop it? *I presume it got installed with Evolution but it seems
> odd to run it regardless, I don't have a Palm PDA any more.

One way to have started it would have been to go to System -->
Preferences --> PalmOS Devices and filled out the information, and
then (as you note) it will run every time you log in.

I believe the easiest way to stop it is to find gpilotd using System
--> Preferences --> Sessions and either un-check or delete it.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Chris G

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:17:24AM -0600, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> > I seem to have provoked gpilotd into always running on my system, how
> > can I stop it? *I presume it got installed with Evolution but it seems
> > odd to run it regardless, I don't have a Palm PDA any more.
>
> One way to have started it would have been to go to System -->
> Preferences --> PalmOS Devices and filled out the information, and
> then (as you note) it will run every time you log in.
>
> I believe the easiest way to stop it is to find gpilotd using System
> --> Preferences --> Sessions and either un-check or delete it.

I looked there and couldn't see it, I managed to stop it by the direct
method, I removed it using synaptic! :-)

--
Chris Green