Old 02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Yi Tan

Default HELP: Dropping to a shell! after copy Wubi installation onto another PC

Hi list,

I have a Wubi installation on my office PC(PC1), used for a few month, and feel it's handy.
I copy that Wubi installation onto my home PC(PC2). I've also copied*wubildr,*wubildr.mbr and modified windows's boot.ini

Then I turn on PC2. I can select boot ubuntu. And then see the ubuntu logo with loading bar for a moment.*
And it ends up in following failure:
Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:
.......ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/7Axxxxxxxxxx does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
I don't know much about linux. It seems like the copied-version ubuntu can't get the hard disk to work.*

Is there any easy way to make it works? Because I have got all software, environment setup in that wubi installation. Really don't want a fresh installation with time consuming software setup.

Many thanks,
ty