Old 02-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Brian Lunergan

Default Uninstalled extensions giving errors on opening an OpenOffice document...

Hi ho folks:

Asked this in the OpenOffice user list but without success so far.
Perhaps it's mainly Windows users with no knowledge of the Linux
environment. Any help from an OOo user here would be very much
appreciated in finding a solution to this problem.

I'm using v2.4.1 on Ubuntu Linux 8.04. I had installed TextClip but
then removed it when it showed quirky box behaviour on my setup. It did
not seem to get completely cleaned out though.

On first opening a document I get a couple of error boxes complaining
about script errors trying to start that particular extension. I clear
its entry out of ~/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages
and for the remainder of the day things are quiet but then the error and
the directory entry are back again.

Is there something I can do to completely clean this extension off my
machine? A file to delete or modify, perhaps?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards...
--
Brian Lunergan <ff809@ncf.ca>

Old 02-23-2009, 09:21 PM
NoOp

On 02/23/2009 08:01 AM, Brian Lunergan wrote:
> Hi ho folks:
>
> Asked this in the OpenOffice user list but without success so far.
> Perhaps it's mainly Windows users with no knowledge of the Linux
> environment. Any help from an OOo user here would be very much
> appreciated in finding a solution to this problem.

See my response to you on the OOo users list.