Old 02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Saurabh Singh

Default md5sum from nautilus

Sir please send me nautilus
From: Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 5:49:21 PM
Subject: Re: md5sum from nautilus

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> It's been solved, thanks to you on the Nautilus script. Anyway, pls
> let me explain more:
> The source files are located in a network storage appliance (those
> cheap one from generic brand, not a fancy NAS or something). It
> doesn't have any console that we can ssh/telnet into. Only web based
> UI.

Are you sure it's really only a web-based interface?* If so, I'm unclear
how you're doing md5sums at all (before downloading).* If it was
something like NFS or fish (ssh) I could see how that would be possible.
* It doesn't matter anymore I guess, but posting a sanitized version of
the source URL would perhaps clarify.

Matt Flaschen

Old 02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Matthew Flaschen

Saurabh Singh wrote:

> Sir please send me nautilus

? It's included with Ubuntu, but see
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=all&arch=i386&keywords=nautilus ...

Matt Flaschen

Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
sam tygier

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any nautilus extension that allow us to do md5sum?
> It would be nice to be able to do that from nautilus.
> Thank you.

I can imagine 2 neat ways for this to work.

put it in the file properties dialog. it may be best for there to be a calculate checksum button, as it is a disk/cpu intensive task for a big file.

a small application that can be run when double clicking on a *.md5 file that does the check and reports a in a window.

then nautilus context menu would be huge if every useful feature were put into it (open terminal, edit as root, create archive, checksum, send to, rotate image, encrypt ...).

sam

Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
sam tygier

Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Ivan Petrović

If you are interested in learning look here:
http://www.showmedo.com/videos/series?name=3vnwgNpoe

2009/2/23 Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@arinet.org>:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Alex White <ethericalzen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You may want to look here:
>> http://g-scripts.sourceforge.net/cat-fileproc.php
>>
>> If you scroll down a bit you will see, Check_md5. It's in a section
>> labeled "Handle md5".
>>
>> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> Yes Alex,
> That is perfect!