Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Fajar Priyanto

Default Kate has no window border

Hi all,
Suddenly my Kate doesn't have any window border on it. So I cannot
move/resize it.
Is there anyway to correct this problem? I'm using 8.10 with compiz,
with Avant Window Manager.
Other applications are acting normally, only Kate.
Thank you.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 AM
"Odzangba K. Dake"

On Monday 23 February 2009 07:09:33 Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> Hi all,

> Suddenly my Kate doesn't have any window border on it. So I cannot

> move/resize it.

> Is there anyway to correct this problem? I'm using 8.10 with compiz,

> with Avant Window Manager.

> Other applications are acting normally, only Kate.

> Thank you.

I have the same problem with Kontact. I haven't found a real solution yet but deleting the ~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc file resets everything to "first run" state and temporarily solves the problem ( it reappears after a while.) I have not installed Kate so I cannot confirm this but there should be a katerc file in your ~/.kde/share/config folder. Try moving it somewhere else and run Kate.

--

Odzangba

Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Odzangba K. Dake <odzangba@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same problem with Kontact. I haven't found a real solution yet
> but deleting the ~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc file resets everything to
> "first run" state and temporarily solves the problem ( it reappears after a
> while.) I have not installed Kate so I cannot confirm this but there should
> be a katerc file in your ~/.kde/share/config folder. Try moving it somewhere
> else and run Kate.

Thanks for the direction.
Apparently, creating a new session fix the problem.
I notice that in the troublesome session, the "Full Screen Mode" is
activated. That's why I don't see the border.
But no matter how often I try to turn the full screen mode. And I
cannot find any parameter for it in the katerc or the session file.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Norberto Bensa

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Odzangba K. Dake <odzangba@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 23 February 2009 07:09:33 Fajar Priyanto wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Suddenly my Kate doesn't have any window border on it. So I cannot
>
> I have the same problem with Kontact. I haven't found a real solution yet

ALT+F3, No border

Regards,
Norberto