Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default how do I set the listening IP on snmpd?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to set a listening IP on snmpd?

On a CentOS 5.2 domU, it listens on 0.0.0.0 (effectively every IP on
the machine),

root@vps:[/]$ netstat -an | grep 161
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:161 0.0.0.0:*

Yet, on a Debian 4.0 domU, it listens on 127.0.0.1.

sh-2.05b# netstat -an |grep 161
udp 0 0 127.0.0.1:161 0.0.0.0:*

There's nothing in /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf that I can see where I bind
the listening IP address.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Old 02-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Norberto Bensa

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to set a listening IP on snmpd?

/etc/default/snmpd

Regards