Old 02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Mario Vukelic

Default gimp-python

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 15:22 +0000, norman wrote:
> I want to install a python plug-in into Gimp and the method I am
> following says to check with Synaptic to make sure that gimp-python is
> installed. On checking with Synaptic the package is not listed. I would
> be grateful for some clue as to what to do. I run Ubuntu 8.10 on a
> desktop computer.

The package description states that gimp-python is a virtual package and
is provided by gimp. So you should be fine as long as you have the
"gimp" package installed.

aptitude show gimp-python
No current or candidate version found for gimp-python
Package: gimp-python
State: not a real package
Provided by: gimp

Old 02-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Larry Shields

norman wrote:
> I want to install a python plug-in into Gimp and the method I am
> following says to check with Synaptic to make sure that gimp-python is
> installed. On checking with Synaptic the package is not listed. I would
> be grateful for some clue as to what to do. I run Ubuntu 8.10 on a
> desktop computer.
>
> Norman

*Check out this url...

http://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/lpia/gimp-python/2.4.7-1ubuntu1

Hope this helps you...

Any time you can't find a package or need info, try using GOOGLE!

Larry
*

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 8.10 Intrepid

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 02-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 16:41 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> The package description states that gimp-python is a virtual package
> and is provided by gimp.

BTW:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=intrepid&arch=any&searchon=names&keyw ords=gimp-python

Old 02-22-2009, 02:56 PM
norman

> On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 15:22 +0000, norman wrote:
> > I want to install a python plug-in into Gimp and the method I am
> > following says to check with Synaptic to make sure that gimp-python is
> > installed. On checking with Synaptic the package is not listed. I would
> > be grateful for some clue as to what to do. I run Ubuntu 8.10 on a
> > desktop computer.
>
> The package description states that gimp-python is a virtual package and
> is provided by gimp. So you should be fine as long as you have the
> "gimp" package installed.
>
> aptitude show gimp-python
> No current or candidate version found for gimp-python
> Package: gimp-python
> State: not a real package
> Provided by: gimp

Thank you, that is very clear.

Norman

Old 02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
norman

> > I want to install a python plug-in into Gimp and the method I am
> > following says to check with Synaptic to make sure that gimp-python is
> > installed. On checking with Synaptic the package is not listed. I would
> > be grateful for some clue as to what to do. I run Ubuntu 8.10 on a
> > desktop computer.
> >
> > Norman
> >

> *Check out this url...
>
> http://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/lpia/gimp-python/2.4.7-1ubuntu1
>
> Hope this helps you...
>
> Any time you can't find a package or need info, try using GOOGLE!

I do check with Google but I do not always understand what I read.

Norman