Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Stefan Onken

Default KDE (kontact) sync with Exchange Server

Hello,

is there any chance to sync KDE (Kontac) with an Exchange Server ?

I always had the impression of a clear NO! But searching Google
gives some results - although without being a great help.

Thanks

--
www.stonki.de
www.proftpd.de

Old 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Derek Broughton

Stefan Onken wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there any chance to sync KDE (Kontac) with an Exchange Server ?
>
> I always had the impression of a clear NO! But searching Google
> gives some results - although without being a great help.

yes. But if you don't have cooperative Exchange administrators, it could be
much simpler via Evolution.

Evo accesses exchange through the Outlook Web Access interface, kmail
requires IMAP. I _think_ korganizer can work with Exchange, but haven't
tried it.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Stefan Onken

Am Sonntag 22 Februar 2009 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> Evo accesses exchange through the Outlook Web Access interface,
> kmail requires IMAP. *I think korganizer can work with Exchange,
> but haven't tried it.

well, IMAP Access is no problem, but this would only apply for the
emails, not for the calender...

--
www.stonki.de
www.proftpd.de

Old 02-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Derek Broughton

Stefan Onken wrote:

> Am Sonntag 22 Februar 2009 schrieb Derek Broughton:
>> Evo accesses exchange through the Outlook Web Access interface,
>> kmail requires IMAP. *I think korganizer can work with Exchange,
>> but haven't tried it.
>
> well, IMAP Access is no problem, but this would only apply for the
> emails, not for the calender...

Well, no. I don't recall the details, but I think the Exchange IMAP server
exposes the calendar as a folder, and KOrganizer can then access it. The
problem is that the IMAP server doesn't seem to be a default setup, and I
can't get our admins to enable it.