Old 02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
norman

Default RAW Images

> Thanks for both posts. I have been using digital cameras for about 5 yrs
> now but this is the first digital SLR and the first to do RAW images. As
> I am retiring in June I am looking forward to lots more time to pursue
> photography and to learn the software. I will get a good start with
> Digikam, Ufraw and RAWstudio and will move to commercial software only
> if I have to. Thanks to you and everyone else on the list who answered.

I have been retired for many years now and I get a great deal of
enjoyment out of taking and processing images. I admit to using a colour
printer from time to time with a bit of commercial software to help with
the process otherwise it's Gimp, UFRaw and, recently, F-Spot.

Enjoy your retirement, keep busy and happy snapping.

Norman