-   -   OT: Was: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/249651-ot-invitation-connect-linkedin.html)

Rashkae 02-21-2009 01:40 AM

Wade Smart wrote:

> Ok... this is odd. Paige or Trevor????

Odd to use a pseudonym when socializing on Internet? Back in my day, it
was SOP.. (I suppose I should get rid of mine, but somehow never get
around to it.)

Res 02-21-2009 01:54 AM

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Rashkae wrote:

> Wade Smart wrote:
>
>> Ok... this is odd. Paige or Trevor????
>>

> Odd to use a pseudonym when socializing on Internet? Back in my day, it
> was SOP.. (I suppose I should get rid of mine, but somehow never get
> around to it.)

guys who masqurade as women are normally those which law enforcment
agencies are generally interested in

--
Res

"All we need, is just a little patience" -- William Bruce (Axl) Rose

Brian McKee 02-21-2009 01:28 PM

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Res <res@ausics.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Rashkae wrote:
>> Wade Smart wrote:
>>> Ok... this is odd. Paige or Trevor????
>> Odd to use a pseudonym when socializing on Internet? Back in my day, it
>> was SOP.. (I suppose I should get rid of mine, but somehow never get
>> around to it.)
> guys who masqurade as women are normally those which law enforcment
> agencies are generally interested in

Bah - some guys do it just to get people to be polite to them.

And I read that the other way around - she likes to use Trevor online.
And a woman using a man's name on line to me is more than acceptable.
Just to many jerks out there.

Quoting the old Mad Cow joke - I sure am glad I'm a helicopter :-)

Brian

Nigel Henry 02-21-2009 02:32 PM

On Saturday 21 February 2009 15:28, Brian McKee wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Res <res@ausics.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Odd to use a pseudonym when socializing on Internet? Back in my day, it
> >> was SOP.. (I suppose I should get rid of mine, but somehow never get
> >> around to it.)
> >
> > guys who masqurade as women are normally those which law enforcment
> > agencies are generally interested in
>
> Bah - some guys do it just to get people to be polite to them.
>
> And I read that the other way around - she likes to use Trevor online.
> And a woman using a man's name on line to me is more than acceptable.
> Just to many jerks out there.
>
> Quoting the old Mad Cow joke - I sure am glad I'm a helicopter :-)
>
> Brian

I suppose it's possible that Trevor has had a sex change procedure, hence the
new name.

Darn! Now I've really done it. He/she will probably spam me directly now, if
either are reading the list.

Nigel.

Patton Echols 02-21-2009 04:35 PM

On 02/21/2009 07:32 AM, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009 15:28, Brian McKee wrote:

>>> guys who masqurade as women are normally those which law enforcment
>>> agencies are generally interested in
>>>
>> Bah - some guys do it just to get people to be polite to them.
>>
>> And I read that the other way around - she likes to use Trevor online.
>> And a woman using a man's name on line to me is more than acceptable.
>> Just to many jerks out there.
>>
>> Quoting the old Mad Cow joke - I sure am glad I'm a helicopter :-)
>>
>> Brian
>>

> I suppose it's possible that Trevor has had a sex change procedure, hence the
> new name.
>
> Darn! Now I've really done it. He/she will probably spam me directly now,

Nah, Linkedin is trying to be the facebook of business professionals.
It offers new users to reveal their addressbooks to that their computers
can look for "friends" or whatever they call them. Unlikely that
Paige/Trevor would do it again.

Paige Thompson 03-03-2009 03:40 AM

OT: Was: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

I blame the list, this email never should have gotten to here. Basically I imported my address book to linked in and facebook, and then sent add requests and invites for all from there because I have way too many to manage and not enough time or patience to do otherwise. As I was saying, linkedin sent mail on my behalf and because of that mail was able to make it to this list. Im 99% positive it didnt use my gmail account to send mail.

-Adele

(sent from my gphone!)

Paige Thompson 03-03-2009 03:45 AM

OT: Was: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

you know this could probably be fixed if you guys had SPF checking or something I have an SPF record for my domain.

Nils Kassube 03-03-2009 05:20 AM

Paige Thompson wrote:
> I blame the list, this email never should have gotten to here.

What? You let linkedin send spam to everybody in your addressbook on
your behalf and instead of sending an apology you blame the list for
receiving your junk?

Nils

Chris 03-03-2009 05:30 AM

OT: Was: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:20:39 +0100
Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:

> Paige Thompson wrote:
> > I blame the list, this email never should have gotten to here.
>
> What? You let linkedin send spam to everybody in your addressbook on
> your behalf and instead of sending an apology you blame the list for
> receiving your junk?
>

> Nils

Typical. Blame someone/thing else and refuse to except any if not all
the responsibility.

--
Best regards,

Chris

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

Bhavani Shankar R 03-03-2009 05:34 AM

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:

Paige Thompson wrote:

> I blame the list, this email never should have gotten to here.

What? You let linkedin send spam to everybody in your addressbook on

your behalf and *instead of sending an apology you blame the list for

receiving your junk?

+1 piage.. If the list is moderated well it wouldnt have got in......
--
Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community *member.

What matters in life is application of mind!,
It makes great sense to have some common sense..!