Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Patton Echols

Default OT: Was: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

On 03/02/2009 08:40 PM, Paige Thompson wrote:

> I blame the list, this email never should have gotten to here.
> Basically I imported my address book to linked in and facebook, and
> then sent add requests and invites for all from there because I have
> way too many to manage and not enough time or patience to do
> otherwise. As I was saying, linkedin sent mail on my behalf and
> because of that mail was able to make it to this list. Im 99%
> positive it didnt use my gmail account to send mail.
>
> -Adele (sent from my gphone!)

It does not look like they used your gmail account. The headers says:
"
by chlorine.canonical.com with esmtp (Exim 4.60) (envelope-from

<notif+Ihq-wN6R5OkH7LLwRDn-xGOlTX8H6vG8rQu4uwul7NHw7v7OR_Hf9fqlU7wkZ4AuND6DNr C-eI9z0qaIgDn_XrvNe5wrYvhOxbz4cd-obzx@bounce.linkedin.com>)
id 1LahV8-0000Lf-3V
for ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com; Sat, 21 Feb 2009 02:21:58 +0000
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:21:57 -0800 (PST)
"

But it also says it was from you, I'm sure that Linkedin has figured out
that's to make sure that spam trappers think it is from a legitimate
person. And, in fact it did exactly what you asked it to do, contacted
everyone on your list. I'm not sure you should be so hard on the listserv.

"