Old 12-30-2007, 03:40 AM
"Richard"

Default Ubuntu 7.10 (not working on live cd )

Well, just got a new rig with a Quad ( q6600 ) 3GB of RAM
and a nice Raid Setup 640GB,

With 8400 GS Nvidia ….sweet HP M9040N

*

Now the problem, I grab my ubuntu 7.10 live cd, and
proceeded to boot up.

NOT, frozen or hung up before desktop ( 6 times ) I’ve
try it

*

Whip out my puppy linux cd 3.01 booted right up into
desktop,

And began web surfing. (HUH ??)

*

Well, that goes to show you, there some more work need in
Ubuntu,

Was hoping, well try it in 8.04

*

Richard

*

Old 12-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Owen Townend

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 23:40 -0500, Richard wrote:
> Well, just got a new rig with a Quad ( q6600 ) 3GB of RAM and a nice
> Raid Setup 640GB,
>
> With 8400 GS Nvidia ….sweet HP M9040N
>

> Now the problem, I grab my ubuntu 7.10 live cd, and proceeded to boot
> up.
>
> NOT, frozen or hung up before desktop ( 6 times ) I’ve try it
>

> Whip out my puppy linux cd 3.01 booted right up into desktop,
>
> And began web surfing. (HUH ??)
>

> Well, that goes to show you, there some more work need in Ubuntu,
>
> Was hoping, well try it in 8.04
>

> Richard

Hey,
Out of interest, have you tried the alternate install disk by any
chance..? It's a checkbox on the Official Ubuntu download page here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
Often if the regular disk doesn't get you anywhere the alternate will
still work.

cheers,
Owen.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
"Richard"

What the differences between the regular disk and the alternate disk?
I don't want to install ubuntu as of yet, just checking on compatibility
issue. (BEFORE) I do install.

Next, is there a SMP Version of (K)ubuntu that would run all (of the Q6600
Processor Cores ?)

Thanks -

Old 12-31-2007, 05:51 AM
"Raseel Bhagat"