-   -   kde/qt3-problem on ubuntu 8.10 64-bit (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/249512-kde-qt3-problem-ubuntu-8-10-64-bit.html)

Andreas Grassl 02-20-2009 08:26 PM

kde/qt3-problem on ubuntu 8.10 64-bit

Hi,

I'm having a problem on my machine with some applications: k3b, kile, opera,
qtconfig-qt3,... They start up and freeze as soon, as I'm performing the first
actions (e.g. on opening a file the dialog comes up, but I'm not able to select
anything before freezing).

I find interesting, that other users on my system don't have this problem.

So far I tried to delete ~/.qt/ and ~/.kde/.

Furthermore I tried to completely remove libqt3-mt and all depending
applications (k3b,...) and reinstall.

I don't want to delete all config-directories from my home-directory, so has
anybody an idea, what I could try next?

Could it have to do something with the uninstallation of scim?

cheers

ando

--
/"
/ ASCII Ribbon

Andreas Grassl 03-18-2009 07:56 PM

Andreas Grassl schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem on my machine with some applications: k3b, kile, opera,
> qtconfig-qt3,... They start up and freeze as soon, as I'm performing the first
> actions (e.g. on opening a file the dialog comes up, but I'm not able to select
> anything before freezing).
>
> I find interesting, that other users on my system don't have this problem.
>
> So far I tried to delete ~/.qt/ and ~/.kde/.
>
> Furthermore I tried to completely remove libqt3-mt and all depending
> applications (k3b,...) and reinstall.
>
> I don't want to delete all config-directories from my home-directory, so has
> anybody an idea, what I could try next?
>
> Could it have to do something with the uninstallation of scim?

Problem solved, scim-qtimm was still installed

--
/"
/ ASCII Ribbon