-   -   printing (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/24944-printing.html)

Steve Grace 12-30-2007 02:45 AM

printing

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 19:03 -0800, Chris Lemire wrote:
> How can I get this in Linux? It tells me the levels of my black ink
> and my colored ink.
>
> http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2900/inkamountpd0.png

Try running "hp-levels" from the command line.

Linda 09-24-2008 04:38 PM

Printing

Sorry I lost the original email, but some one was asking about trouble
with out put on a hp 1320 laserjet
I did have trouble with output not printing right once under one of my
kids log ins they did Spanish homework on Open Office and some how the
default page size changed to A4 so since the printer was using letter it
goofed up output. So the first question is how are you printing, does it
cause the same problem from all programs? Can you print a text or
postscript file from the command line? Have you checked your CUPS
options to make sure they match the printer and that you have the right
driver installed? You can bring up CUPS admin by typing
http://localhost:631/admin in the address of your browser. Then if you
choose the printer tab it will show all the printers installed each
printer has choices that allow you to change options and modify printer.
Modify printer is where you would check the driver.
Linda

Richard Vickery 11-14-2011 06:27 PM

printing

Hi gang,
I'm having a problem that I haven't had for years. With each upgrade since maybe 2005 until Fedora 16, I have been able to install the xqx driver for my HP P1005 with no problems; I just followed the directions at*http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/. But with Fedora 16 it is not working. Is there any way that you could help? Is there a command that I am missing in the printing software?

Thanks for the help.
Richard*

Przemek Klosowski 11-14-2011 06:40 PM

printing

On 11/14/2011 02:27 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I'm having a problem that I haven't had for years. With each upgrade
> since maybe 2005 until Fedora 16, I have been able to install the xqx
> driver for my HP P1005 with no problems; I just followed the directions
> at http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/. But with Fedora 16 it is not working. Is
> there any way that you could help? Is there a command that I am missing
> in the printing software?

Don't know if it is helpful but I had trouble installing my Lexmark C610
on a USB parallel port adapter using the desktop tool (it recognized the
printer but did nothing when I clicked to add it).
I installed system-config-printer, which was not in a default install
set, and that installed the printer just fine.

Frank Murphy 11-14-2011 06:48 PM

printing

On 14/11/11 19:27, Richard Vickery wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I'm having a problem that I haven't had for years. With each upgrade
> since maybe 2005 until Fedora 16, I have been able to install the xqx
> driver for my HP P1005 with no problems; I just followed the directions
> at http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/. But with Fedora 16 it is not working. Is
> there any way that you could help? Is there a command that I am missing
> in the printing software?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Richard

yum install hplip hplip-gui system-config-printer

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Kevin Kofler 11-15-2011 01:24 AM

printing

Frank Murphy wrote:
> yum install hplip hplip-gui system-config-printer

hplip only supports that printer with a proprietary plugin. :-(

(That's the case for all the printers supported by those foo2* drivers.)

Kevin Kofler

Richard Vickery 11-15-2011 03:07 AM

printing

I figured it out! I had my user's name typed into the Allow/Deny. I deleted this name and it worked.