Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Teach upd-instroot about i586 arch, for sake of glibc.i586/openssl.i586

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 11:12 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> In general, this looks okay. But it's going to mean that we're going to
> have to deal with other changes when we, eg, change to i686. I think
> we'd be better off doing the sed like I mentioned (so ARCH still ends up
> being i386) and then if we're specifying glibc.i386 (or similar), we can
> just do glibc.i?86 and I think the right thing should still happen
>
> But for the short-term, this is probably fine and then we can do the
> other as a follow-on
>
> Jeremy

Yeah, this whole thing is a tad bit... fragile. It needs a serious
rethink and rework, and that is coming, for now I'm just looking to
bandaid it and keep things moving forward to a working rawhide, which is
rather important as we near feature freeze.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!