Old 12-29-2007, 11:59 PM
"Leland"

Default help with Gnome video settings

Hi
-
Newbie question -
just starting to tinker with Ubuntu.
*
I'm having trouble
getting Gnome screen/graphics settings to "stay". I bring up the Screen and
Graphics Preference panel, make my changes, created and saved a "location", and
hit ok. After that I get a "logoff all users to take effect" window, so I log
off. I log back in and the system comes up the same as before, in a low graphics
mode, with the default settings. If I select my "location" in the Preference
panel they're there, but of course the system isn't using those settings. If I
select them and hit ok, the same chain of events repeats, with no changes, and
no changes to the graphics.
*
Anyone got any ideas
that may help me out?
*
Thanks for your
time,
*
Leland
*
Leland, lhelgerson@surplushunter.net
Remember, if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'!!
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch
up
A common mistake people made when designing something completely
foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools

Remember: An amateur built the
Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.
*