Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 AM
NoOp

Default My Wifi Woes

On 02/19/2009 03:03 PM, Raquel wrote:

>> > I asked here and got no joy. For 2 weeks I read everything I

I'll repeat what I mentioned in that thread "Asus Aspire One Network
Woes" (see below).

> I probably didn't write that correctly. I never did remove the
> loopback section. I actually ended up removing the wlan0 section.
> I'm wondering if adding the wlan0 section, and then removing it,
> forced NetworkManager to reconfigure and work properly?
>
> I just got back from a "test" run through town. There is a community
> network in the small town where we live. I was able to get on and do
> some browsing. I also went to McDonalds and logged in there.
>
> So now, it seems that the computer is working the way it should and I
> can start setting up my new Linksys WRT54GL so I can disconnect from
> the wire here at home.

Here are some links that you may find helpful:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager0.7
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingNetworkManager
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

And, if you still can't get it to work with Network Manager, you may
want to give wicd a try:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WICD

http://wicd.sourceforge.net/
http://wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php

Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Raquel

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:08:34 -0800
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> And, if you still can't get it to work with Network Manager, you may
> want to give wicd a try:

Apparently, you did not read my email too closely. Let me quote for
you what I said in my email dated, Thu, 19 Feb 2009 05:58:44 -0800

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com

--Rebecca West