FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:19 PM
debian
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:13 -0800, sdavmor wrote:
> I just brought my dad up on on Mint v4 (gutsy compatible). He has
> been using Quicken on Windows Vista (which he hates BTW, hence the
> move). What native "free" equivalent application would provide the
> same financial management and online transaction capabilities? He's
> totally open in terms of a replacement -- just trying to avoid going
> the Wine route for this functionality. Thanks in advance.
> --

There was a program that i used to use back in my KDE days which was
kinda like what you wanted. it kept track of my ballances and so on, i
just cant remember the name of it for nothing. it was like "Kwallet" or
something

--cj


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Wulfy
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

debian wrote:

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:13 -0800, sdavmor wrote:


I just brought my dad up on on Mint v4 (gutsy compatible). He has
been using Quicken on Windows Vista (which he hates BTW, hence the
move). What native "free" equivalent application would provide the
same financial management and online transaction capabilities? He's
totally open in terms of a replacement -- just trying to avoid going
the Wine route for this functionality. Thanks in advance.
--



There was a program that i used to use back in my KDE days which was
kinda like what you wanted. it kept track of my ballances and so on, i
just cant remember the name of it for nothing. it was like "Kwallet" or
something

--cj




KMoney2?



--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack.
Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.
Share your affections. Voice your opinion. Leave your Mark.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:13 -0800, sdavmor wrote:
> I just brought my dad up on on Mint v4 (gutsy compatible). He has
> been using Quicken on Windows Vista (which he hates BTW, hence the
> move). What native "free" equivalent application would provide the
> same financial management and online transaction capabilities? He's
> totally open in terms of a replacement -- just trying to avoid going
> the Wine route for this functionality. Thanks in advance.

gnucash - see http://www.gnucash.org/
--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
System/Network Architect
email: smoot@tic.com
cell: +1 602 421 9005
home: +1 480 922 7313

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-29-2007, 11:10 PM
sdavmor
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:13 -0800, sdavmor wrote:
>> I just brought my dad up on on Mint v4 (gutsy compatible). He has
>> been using Quicken on Windows Vista (which he hates BTW, hence the
>> move). What native "free" equivalent application would provide the
>> same financial management and online transaction capabilities? He's
>> totally open in terms of a replacement -- just trying to avoid going
>> the Wine route for this functionality. Thanks in advance.
>
> gnucash - see http://www.gnucash.org/

Thanks! That's exactly what he wants.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
Systems Theory internet music project links:
official site <www.systemstheory.net>
MySpace MP3s <www.myspace.com/systemstheory>
CDBaby <www.cdbaby.com/systemstheory>
"Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
"Codetalkers" CD coming Xmas 2007
NP: nothing

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Derek Broughton
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

Wulfy wrote:

> debian wrote:
>> There was a program that i used to use back in my KDE days which was
>> kinda like what you wanted. it kept track of my ballances and so on, i
>> just cant remember the name of it for nothing. it was like "Kwallet" or
>> something
>>
> KMoney2?
>
kMYMoney2, iirc
--
derek


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-30-2007, 01:58 PM
anthony baldwin
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

Wulfy wrote:
> debian wrote:
>> On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:13 -0800, sdavmor wrote:
>>
>>> I just brought my dad up on on Mint v4 (gutsy compatible). He has
>>> been using Quicken on Windows Vista (which he hates BTW, hence the
>>> move). What native "free" equivalent application would provide the
>>> same financial management and online transaction capabilities? He's
>>> totally open in terms of a replacement -- just trying to avoid going
>>> the Wine route for this functionality. Thanks in advance.
>>> --
>>>
>>
>> There was a program that i used to use back in my KDE days which was
>> kinda like what you wanted. it kept track of my ballances and so on, i
>> just cant remember the name of it for nothing. it was like "Kwallet" or
>> something
>>
>> --cj
>>
>>
>>
> KMoney2?

I think you mean KMyMoney. (Kwallet is a password manager thingy).
There's also gnucash.
I don't know if either has all of the capabilities of quicken, though.
I've never used quicken.

/tony


--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
Translation & Interpreting


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Wulfy
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

anthony baldwin wrote:

Wulfy wrote:


KMoney2?



I think you mean KMyMoney. (Kwallet is a password manager thingy).
There's also gnucash.
I don't know if either has all of the capabilities of quicken, though.
I've never used quicken.

/tony




Yep.* That's the one.* I think it's because I don't have any money that
I forgot the "My"...* :@)



--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack.
Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.
Share your affections. Voice your opinion. Leave your Mark.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-30-2007, 02:38 PM
anthony baldwin
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

Wulfy wrote:
> anthony baldwin wrote:
>> Wulfy wrote:
>>
>>> KMoney2?
>>>
>>
>> I think you mean KMyMoney. (Kwallet is a password manager thingy).
>> There's also gnucash.
>> I don't know if either has all of the capabilities of quicken, though.
>> I've never used quicken.
>>
>> /tony
>>
>>
>>
> Yep. That's the one. I think it's because I don't have any money
> that I forgot the "My"... :@)

I have the same issue...
I don't use any of these tools, because I would only
be sadly chronicling the brief visits what little money I ever see
makes to my hands before moving on to other shores...
It would be more like a guest book, than anything...
"George Washington was here"....

Actually, I track my personal accounts online, and use spreadsheets in OOo
to track my invoices and income for my business.

/tony




--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
Translation & Interpreting


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Wulfy
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

anthony baldwin wrote:
> I don't use any of these tools, because I would only
> be sadly chronicling the brief visits what little money I ever see
> makes to my hands before moving on to other shores...
> It would be more like a guest book, than anything...
> "George Washington was here"....
For me, it would be "Her Majesty visited for a few moments on her way
to..." :@)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack.
Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.
Share your affections. Voice your opinion. Leave your Mark.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 AM
debian
 
Default Wanted: a *nix replacement for Quicken

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 09:58 -0500, anthony baldwin wrote:
> Wulfy wrote:
> > debian wrote:
> >> On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:13 -0800, sdavmor wrote:
> >>
> >>> I just brought my dad up on on Mint v4 (gutsy compatible). He has
> >>> been using Quicken on Windows Vista (which he hates BTW, hence the
> >>> move). What native "free" equivalent application would provide the
> >>> same financial management and online transaction capabilities? He's
> >>> totally open in terms of a replacement -- just trying to avoid going
> >>> the Wine route for this functionality. Thanks in advance.
> >>> --
> >>>
> >>
> >> There was a program that i used to use back in my KDE days which was
> >> kinda like what you wanted. it kept track of my ballances and so on, i
> >> just cant remember the name of it for nothing. it was like "Kwallet" or
> >> something
> >>
> >> --cj
> >>
> >>
> >>
> > KMoney2?
>
> I think you mean KMyMoney. (Kwallet is a password manager thingy).
> There's also gnucash.
> I don't know if either has all of the capabilities of quicken, though.
> I've never used quicken.
>
> /tony
>
>
oh ok kmoney, im sorry.
i much perfer kmoney over quicken though. i did find kmoney much more
easier to use then quicken

--cj
> --
> http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
> Translation & Interpreting
>
>


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org