Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Rob

Default Ubuntu 8.10

Greetings all,

I've recently replaced Ubuntu 8.04 with 8.10 (a clean install -- Not an
upgrade install) and aside from a few minor quirks, am very happy with
this new version so far with the following exception:

I am routinely (so far) running Gnome as my desktop environment. It
displays an icon on the uppermost toolbar for my wireless connectivity
allowing me to click to connect to my wireless access (Linksys router)
downstairs. As for KDE and XFCE, I find no comparable icon nor any
means by which I can connect to the net wirelessly. I'm sure I'm
missing something simple in either of those desktop environments but so
far it has eluded me and I can only connect to the network wirelessly
through Gnome.

Can anyone offer a clue as to how to accomplish this connectivity in KDE
or XFCE?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob