Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Knute Johnson

Default How do I find list of packages available on server system?

I'm trying to find the name of the package that will give me the apache
manual. How do I do that on a system without the GUI package manager?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule."

H.L. Mencken

Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Chris Mohler

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Knute Johnson
<knute2009@knutejohnson.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find the name of the package that will give me the apache
> manual. How do I do that on a system without the GUI package manager?

aptitude search apache | less

I think you want apache2-doc

Chris

Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Knute Johnson

Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Knute Johnson
> <knute2009@knutejohnson.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to find the name of the package that will give me the apache
>> manual. How do I do that on a system without the GUI package manager?
>
> aptitude search apache | less
>
> I think you want apache2-doc
>
> Chris

Thanks very much Chris.