-   -   How do I find list of packages available on server system? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/248117-how-do-i-find-list-packages-available-server-system.html)

Knute Johnson 02-18-2009 05:35 PM

How do I find list of packages available on server system?

I'm trying to find the name of the package that will give me the apache
manual. How do I do that on a system without the GUI package manager?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule."

H.L. Mencken

Chris Mohler 02-18-2009 05:40 PM

How do I find list of packages available on server system?

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Knute Johnson
<knute2009@knutejohnson.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find the name of the package that will give me the apache
> manual. How do I do that on a system without the GUI package manager?

aptitude search apache | less

I think you want apache2-doc

Chris

Knute Johnson 02-18-2009 06:04 PM

Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Knute Johnson
> <knute2009@knutejohnson.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to find the name of the package that will give me the apache
>> manual. How do I do that on a system without the GUI package manager?
>
> aptitude search apache | less
>
> I think you want apache2-doc
>
> Chris

Thanks very much Chris.