Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Default compatible modem

im looking for an internal modem compatible with ubuntu best if independent of kernel module ; actually in the company we are recently migrated to ubuntu form Winbugs, and the modem is an SM56 motorola winmodem
external modems are not a choice, cause are very expensive right here in Colombia.

if anybody knows, please let me know.
thanks

¡Es tu oportunidad de Brillar! br>Sube tus fotos ya http://www.51bello.com/--

Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> im looking for an internal modem compatible with ubuntu best
> if independent of kernel module ; actually in the company we
> are recently migrated to ubuntu form Winbugs, and the modem
> is an SM56 motorola winmodem
> external modems are not a choice, cause are very expensive
> right here in Colombia.
>
> if anybody knows, please let me know.
> thanks

You could google for SM56+ubuntu+driver and see what comes up or:
check out these sights:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linmodem-HOWTO.html

https://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hcf/faq.php

http://linmodems.org/#pages

https://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hcf/install.php

This should get you started. Sorry but its been too long since I had a dial up win modem to be of more help.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 02-18-2009, 04:45 PM
NoOp

On 02/18/2009 08:47 AM, Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> im looking for an internal modem compatible with ubuntu best if
> independent of kernel module ; actually in the company we are
> recently migrated to ubuntu form Winbugs, and the modem is an SM56
> motorola winmodem external modems are not a choice, cause are very
> expensive right here in Colombia.
>
> if anybody knows, please let me know. thanks

Start here:
<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2BSM56&btnG=Sear ch>

Try this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=460331&highlight=linmodems

Also have a look through:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto

Good luck - winmodems are rather 'problematic' with linux. Let us know
how those work out.