Old 02-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Raseel Bhagat

Default Both cable and wifi active?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:

Hi guys,

Why lately, when I connect my network cable, gets IP, then my wireless

becomes active, and gets IP too?

So, now my notebook has 2 IPs, one from cable, one from wireless. I

can browse the network, and internet alright, though. Strange.

Anyone has got any clue to remedy it?

By "remedy it" do you want the internet to not work when you get 2 IPs ? :-) (JK)

I have also encountered the same situation. This results in there being 2 default gateway routes on your system.

You can verify this with "route -n"

I have observed that whichever is the latest route added, is the one used by the system and the former one is rendered useless.

In your case, it seems that both your routes are valid to get your system connected to the WAN side and hence you were able to

surf the internet.

If you want to "remedy" this, you need to delete one of the default routes.

Thanks,
Raseel
http://www.raseel.in